If you’re a small business owner or sole proprietor in Canada and have a My Business Account, you can use your login information to access the CRA BizApp. It’s a mobile application that offers secure access to make payments, view accounting transactions and help you keep track of upcoming payments and remittance. According to Canada.ca the application provides quick, easy, and secure access to frequently used information.
Here are a few of the things you can do on your CRA Biz app.
The CRA BizApp makes it easy to pay any upcoming HST/GST remittance, payroll remittance, including nil remittances and income tax quarterly bills. New payment features this year include:
- My Payment: Here you can make secure payments using a version of My Payment right from your phone.
- View and submit remittances: Here you can make payroll remittances and view your year-to-date remittance total on the summary page.
- View and pay interim balances: With this you can now pay GST/HST and corporation income tax instalments from CRA BizApp and view the interim balance on the app’s summary page.
- Manage payroll return status: Easily view your payroll accounts and stay on top of your business account balances.
- Make a payment at Canada Post outlets using cash or debit: This allows you to generate a QR code to make a payment at Canada Post outlets using cash or debit (for a fee).
The CRA biz app allows you to view and manage your accounts on the go. You can view interim balances as well as access all your online messages and return notifications. New this year, you can use the returned mail indicator. This allows you to view your returned mail notifications if any mail related to your accounts has been sent back to the CRA. With CRA BizApp, you can access the following accounts:
- Corporation income tax
- Excise duty
- Goods and services tax / harmonized sales tax (GST/HST), but not accounts administered by Revenu Québec
Being self-employed often means juggling several accounts at the CRA. The Biz app lets you check your accounts anytime. You can see up to date account transactions, look ahead to your expected GST/HST returns as well as view the status of your filed payroll, GST/HST, and corporation income tax returns.
Once set up, the CRA BizApp can send you reminders about upcoming payments and deadlines. The app gives you a choice to have the information added to your calendar or to send you a pop-up notification. According to Canada.ca this can include:
- Individual income tax
- Corporation income tax
- Goods and services tax / harmonized sales tax (GST/HST)
- GST/HST return
- T2 corporation income tax return
- T4 information return
- T5013 partnership information return
- Income tax and benefit return
Several individuals in your organization can access your business’ information. This includes owners, their partners, directors, and officers of a business. In order to qualify, your social insurance number (SIN) associated with a business number must be on file with the CRA. This can take several weeks to set up. You can send official documentation to show the name(s) of authorized individuals to your tax centre.
Hours of operation
Timing varies depending on where you live, but the app is available daily from 6:00 AM to 3:00 AM EST. You can see more about the hours of operation here.
The CRA BizApp is compatible with most smartphones and desktop computers. To login to the CRA BizApp visit https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-businesses/cra-biz-app.html